Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wednesday

No time to spend on this today. too much to do from now until bedtime. Dinner was really easy tonight. I had five chicken thigh fillets and 8 people to feed. It's amazing what a bit of bashing and crumbing can do to stretch meat. We had plenty of crumbed fillets to go round, with mashed potatoes, corn, peas and salad. I did do some sort of dessert if you can call it that. I was busy making mini chocolate and vanilla cupcakes for school, so we ate some of those. Cupcakes are a quick and simple. Basically two eggs, butter, flour and milk made 42 mini cupcakes. This should be heaps, but we ate 24 for dessert. I have to make more now, since a bulk lot is required for a class break up at school on Friday and I have a meeting tomorrow night.

Just for your information, I didn't do any shopping tonight, so by my vague calculations, I have spent about $221 on food and other groceries this week. That would be fairly typical.

No comments: