Friday, December 5, 2008

Shopping Day

Hey everyone, it was shopping day today. I spent a total of $216.44 . $37.96 at NQR, $114.75 at ALDI, $24.15 at Safeway and $39.58 at Coles. According to everyone, we have just about everything we need for the week, except I forgot to buy mayonaise, which will cost about $1.19 at ALDI. NQR was fantastic since they had twin packets of mango yoghurt for 0.41 cents each and aero mousse for the 0.44 cents each. Since there are six of us in the house, this type of bargain makes it easy to get something for everyone.

This is the split:

Dairy $15.45
Eggs $ 4.58
Meat $37.13
Fruit/vegies $25.79
Deli $ 5.94
Bread $14.04
Grocery $39.80
Treats $10.87
Pet $7.54
Cleaning/other $34.90
Lunchbox $14.92
Frozen $5.48

Total $216.44

Dinner tonight was as simple as I could make it because it has been a long week and I am tired. We had a chicken, cut into as many pieces as possible, since one chicken doesn't really meet the needs of six people. On the table were sliced tomatoes, cheese, olives, chillies (really hot for me), lettuce, rolls, rankfurts, grated carrot and boiled eggs. Everyone ate what they felt like. It would have been really easy to make a quiche as well, but I was feeling lazy and had to take someone home in the middle of the preparations.

School lunches were made, and breakfast was porridge for me, semolina porridge, toast and left over chicken from last night. Lunches for those at home included fruit and leftover stir fry from last night.

That's enough for today I an getting hassled for the computer. See you tomorrow.

No comments: