Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tuesday - big dinner day

Well I am sitting here still contemplating the dishes that have to be washed. We had nine for dinner tonight. Three extra always poses a bit of a challenge. However, we did enjoy a nice home cooked meal. I arrived home from work at 5.30pm and we ate at 7.30pm. Unless you are more organised than me and prepare earlier, cooking everything from scratch is definitely time consuming. So what did we have.

I cooked a one kilo beef pot roast - which a great because they cook themselves, and a small leg of lamb. Both were seasoned with a bit of garlic. The meat component cost about $13, which is a lot for us, but there were nine people at the table. I made a salad from lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, and carrot, and the vegies were steamed broccoli, honey carrots, corn on the cob and mashed potatoes (3 kilos worth). I also boiled everyone an egg, which for some reason is considered a treat. I didn't cook dessert, mainly because I ran out of space in the oven.

Lunch was three school lunches, and sandwiches for my husband and myself, and brekky was toast and juice only, since we ran out of milk and I had to leave early and a there wasn't time to do a cooked breakfast. I have promised my littlies that I will make them scrambled eggs with bacon tomorrow to make up for it.

I did go to the supermarket today. I spent $7.65 on three loaves of bread and 3 litres of milk. If we run out of anything during the week, it's milk and bread. I could certainly buy more bread when I do the weekly shop, but I have limited freezer space.

I have to sign off now, because I have to bake for tomorrows school lunches.

No comments: